The idea of root canal therapy or dental fillings may sound invasive, but we always offer sedation options to ensure you are comfortable throughout your treatment. You will feel completely relaxed while undergoing your restorative care. We also welcome dental emergencies, and we set aside time in our schedule each day in case one of our patients has a dental injury that needs immediate treatment from an emergency dentist. We also accept after-hours calls from our patients.
If you feel anxious about undergoing dental treatment, call Dr. Elise Brace for general dentistry solutions at 919.823.7107 or request an appointment online. She will help you get the care you need in her Cary, North Carolina dental office.
We offer the following dental sedation options at Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry:
- Anesthesia Reversal with Oraverse™ – This will be administered after treatment is completed to quickly reverse the effects of dental sedation. Most patients will feel the affects wear off after about 20 minutes with the full effects gone after about an hour. This helpful tool allows our patients to return to their normal, daily lives faster after receiving the dental care they need while under sedation.
- Mild Oral Conscious Sedation – Oral conscious sedation is a very light state of relaxation. During this lowered level of consciousness, patients will still be able to breath normally and maintain movement independently yet will feel very drowsy. It is administered via a pill form that will require a prescription. The first dose will be taken at home before the scheduled appointment. Since the patient will feel very tired and drowsy, they will need to have transportation to the appointment.
Sedation dentistry may be used to provide these treatments:
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Solid zirconia, ceramic, porcelain-fused-to-metal, and gold crowns
- Onlays and inlays
- Dental implant restorations
- Non-surgical root canal therapy
- Tooth extractions
- Wisdom tooth removal
- Emergency treatment
We understand that many people put off dental work out of fear. But what if there was a single pill to help you overcome your dental anxiety during your appointment? Great news! Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry offers oral conscious sedation for just that reason. We’re confident this will help you think of a trip to the dentist in a far less intimidating light.
Dental Sedation FAQs
How does oral conscious sedation work?
The process is very simple and easy. Before your visit with Dr. Brace, you’ll take a carefully prescribed, mild sedative in pill form. That way, by the time you get to our Cary dental office, you’ll be awake but relaxed. You’ll still even be able to communicate easily with our friendly staff!
What dental treatments benefit from oral conscious sedation?
Almost any dental procedure can be done alongside oral conscious sedation. Some examples are cosmetic dental treatments, fillings, along with routine or deep cleanings.
What side effects are associated with oral conscious sedation?
Side effects are generally quite mild. You’ll feel a sense of euphoria. We do ask that you find someone who can transport you to and from your visit with us, though. Safety is always key!