Dental implants offer over a 95% success rate and are now the number one recommended tooth replacement solution by dentists. They offer many more benefits than any other available solutions. Dr. Elise Brace with Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary, NC offers personalized teeth implant solutions for patients who suffer from any number of missing teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant supported restoration is the most natural tooth replacement option available. They function like real teeth, feel like real teeth, and also look very similar. When compared to other teeth replacement options, no other solution will offer these extremely important benefits.
- Dental implants are very durable and are made to last forever. If you properly care for your overall and oral health, your implants should last a lifetime.
- Teeth implants are the only option that will prevent bone loss in the jaw. Missing teeth will result in the bone slowly deteriorating due to lack of stimulation. Dentures and bridges will not provide the necessary stimulation to help prevent bone loss, only implants can do this.
- No other tooth replacement solution will preserve your facial appearance like teeth implants. Bone loss in the jaw will make your face appear sunken in and deep wrinkles to form. This will make you look years older than you really are. When you preserve your jaw bone with implants, you also help maintain the natural shape of your face.
- Removable dentures have a bad reputation for moving around in the mouth when they do not fit correctly or the fit changes over the years. This leads to slurred speech and difficultly speaking. Since implants are secured in the bone, there is no chance of the restoration shifting around in your mouth.
- Dietary restrictions are typical with certain restorations, especially removable ones. Hard to chew foods which includes many healthy foods, will need to be avoided. Since dental implants are secured in the jaw bone, they will allow for a greater chewing force. There will be little to no eating restrictions and you will be able to consume a healthy diet.
- Dental bridges are often used to replace missing teeth however they require damaging healthy teeth to properly secure them. To accommodate the bridge, two adjacent teeth will need to be reduced and will also endure extra pressure. A dental implant will be placed in the void where a tooth is missing and will not need to use any healthy, remaining teeth at all.
- Ill-fitting dental restorations have been known to cause embarrassing moments. They can slip around in your mouth and can even fall out if you are not careful. Using dental implants to secure your restoration will eliminate the worry and stress of it falling out!
Schedule a Dental Implant Consultation
To learn more about how teeth implants can benefit you, schedule a consultation at Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Elise Brace can discuss the pros and cons of choosing a dental implant supported restoration to replace your teeth. Get started today by calling our Cary, NC dentist office at 919.823.7107 or you can also request an appointment online.