Dental implants offer over a 95% success rate. Dentists all over the United States recommend them as the number one tooth replacement solution. They offer many benefits and are even better for your oral health.
Dr. Elise Brace with Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Cary, NC offers personalized teeth implant solutions for patients who suffer from any number of missing teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
A dental implant-supported restoration is the most natural tooth replacement option available. They function like real teeth, feel like real teeth, and also look very similar. When compared to other teeth replacement options, no other solution will offer these extremely important benefits.
- Dental implants are very durable and can last forever. If you properly care for your overall and oral health, your implants should last a lifetime.
- Teeth implants are the only option that will prevent bone loss in the jaw. Missing teeth will result in the bone slowly deteriorating due to lack of stimulation. Dentures and bridges will not provide the necessary stimulation to help prevent bone loss, only implants can do this.
- No other tooth replacement solution will preserve your facial appearance like teeth implants. Bone loss in the jaw will make your face appear sunken in and deep wrinkles to form. This will make you look years older than you really are. When you preserve your jawbone with implants, you also help maintain the natural shape of your face.
- Removable dentures have a bad reputation for moving around in the mouth when they do not fit correctly or the fit changes over the years. This leads to slurred speech and difficulty speaking. Since implants are secure within the bone, there is no chance of the restoration shifting around in your mouth.
- Dietary restrictions are typical with certain restorations, especially removable ones. You will need to avoid hard-to-chew foods which include many healthy foods. Teeth implants will allow for a greater chewing force since they are secure within the jaw bone. There will be little to no eating restrictions and you will be able to consume a healthy diet.
- Dental bridges are often used to replace missing teeth however they require damaging healthy teeth to properly secure them. To accommodate the bridge, two adjacent teeth will need to be reduced and will also endure extra pressure. However, if you choose to use implants, then you will not need to harm your healthy remaining teeth. An oral surgeon will place at least two dental implants in the jaw to support the bridge.
- Dental restorations that do not fit can lead to embarrassing moments. They can slip around in your mouth and can even fall out if you are not careful. Using dental implants to secure your restoration will eliminate the worry and stress of it falling out!
Schedule a Dental Implant Consultation
To learn more about how teeth implants can benefit you, schedule a consultation at Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Elise Brace can discuss the pros and cons of choosing a dental implant-supported restoration to replace your teeth. Get started today by calling our Cary, NC dentist office at 919.823.7107 or you can also request an appointment online.