Are fine lines or wrinkles affecting how you feel about your overall appearance? Did you know that we offer Botox Cosmetic® in our Cary dental practice to address these common concerns?
Dr. Elise Brace can provide Botox injections to treat a range of age-related concerns, such as:
- Brow lines or forehead creases: also called “elevens”, these noticeable lines that can emerge between the brows can be minimized by Botox.
- Crows feet: fine lines that often appear around the eyes as we age can be smoothed with Botox for a more youthful look.
- Wrinkles around the nose and mouth: Botox can be placed around the nose and mouth to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles that age your appearance.
Receiving Botox can be part of a smile makeover or a separate treatment to manage the signs of aging. When treated by Dr. Brace in our Cary dental office, patients can enjoy key benefits:
- Experienced care: as a dentist, Dr. Brace has comprehensive knowledge of the musculoskeletal structure of the face and neck. This knowledge can enable her to provide the best possible results with strategically placed injections.
- Monitoring & touch-ups: Dr. Brace can work with you to maintain your appearance with Botox during routine dental care visits, typically six months apart.
Botox at Kildaire Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
Botox injections are a relatively simple and painless procedure. Dr. Brace will discuss your cosmetic goals and evaluate your skin before placing injections to ensure a safe and effective result.
The area(s) to be treated will be cleaned before a fine needle is placed under the skin to deliver the injected neurotoxin. Botox works by relaxing targeted muscle tissue that is contracting and causing the appearance of lines or wrinkles in the skin. The result is a smoother skin surface that looks more youthful and natural.
After treatment it is recommended that patients remain in an upright position for at least 4 hours. This is to keep the injection stable and minimize bruising or swelling. Otherwise, it is safe to resume your normal daily routine or return to the office.
Botox for TMJ
Dr. Brace can place strategic Botox injections into jaw muscles to relax them and reduce pain often associated with a TMJ disorder. When the jaw joints are tense or overworked by teeth grinding, it can lead to headaches, jaw pain, and other uncomfortable symptoms. Botox has been shown to help reduce pain by enabling tension to diminish and the jaw muscles to relax. Botox treatment may be combined with a night guard and recommended exercises to improve jaw function.
Is Botox covered by insurance?
No, considered an elective procedure, Botox is not covered by insurance.
Is Botox a safe treatment?
Botox is an FDA approved neurotoxin treatment for addressing fine lines and wrinkles on the face and neck. Dr Brace will discuss your overall health history and evaluate your skin before treatment to ensure your health and safety.
How long does Botox last?
For most patients, the results achieved with Botox will last up to six months. Dr. Brace can monitor the appearance of your skin and place touchup injections as needed.